Acorn Furniture uses Intercom, to provide the chatting function on the Acorn Furniture website. Any Personal Information disclosed using Intercom may be used to provide customer support. Use of the Intercom function may amount to cross-border disclosure by Acorn Furniture in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. If this is the case, you consent to Acorn Furniture making a cross-border disclosure to Intercom, and accept and acknowledge that the Personal Information disclosed may not be accorded the same protection as provided for under New Zealand privacy laws. You can view more information here about how Intercom uses and stores your Personal Information: https://www.intercom.com/legal/terms-and-policies#privacy
When you share your email address on the website this information is stored by Acorn Furniture using Send In Blue. By sharing your email address, you consent to this (as well as any other Personal Information) being stored by Send In Blue as well as on Acorn Furniture’s New Zealand based servers and cloud based storage. You can view information about how Send In Blue uses and stores your Personal Information at https://www.sendinblue.com/legal/privacypolicy/
Cookies - automated collection
When you visit this website, Acorn Furniture may use automated technologies (including, but not limited to usage monitoring software, cookies, pixels, web beacons, sessions and other tracking technologies, to collect and store certain information about your visit, including without limitation:
- The IP address and domain name used by your device to connect to the Internet;
- The operating system and the browser your device uses, and any search engine used to access this website;
- The date and time you are visiting and geographical area you a visiting from;
- The pages you visit;
- Your clicks and other activities on this website;
- The referring Website or other platform (if any) through which entered this website; and
- Any other information you expressly provide (such as your name and areas of interest).
Use and disclosure
Acorn Furniture will only use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to it, or which it has obtained about you if Acorn Furniture:
- believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights, it may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Acorn Furniture, it’s customers, or others; or
- is authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Acorn Furniture may use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to it, or which it has obtained about you, for any of the following purposes:
- to provide Acorn Furniture’s services;
- to process your Personal Information for Acorn Furniture’s own internal business purposes;
- to carry out transactions, such as customer billing and payments, employee transactions and customer transactions;
- to undertake credit management activities;
- for debt recovery purposes, which may also include disclosing information to debt collectors;
- to provide promotional information, advertising, marketing and newsletters in hard copy or electronic form, or information that Acorn Furniture reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
- to communicate with customers, potential customers, suppliers, staff, contractors and others;
- to comply with Acorn Furniture’s legal obligations, and to meet its reporting obligations as required by law.
Acorn Furniture will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to third parties.
Storage and security
Acorn Furniture will ensure that the Personal Information it holds is protected (against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure, and other misuse) by such security measures that are reasonable for Acorn Furniture to undertake. This extends to Personal Information held or processed on Acorn Furniture behalf (such as in a cloud environment).
Rights of access and correction
You may request access to, removal of, or correction of, any Personal Information Acorn Furniture holds about you by contacting Acorn Furniture. Please notify Acorn Furniture of any changes to your Personal Information to ensure it is as up to date as possible.
To request access to, removal of, or correction of, your Personal Information held by Acorn Furniture, you should contact Acorn Furniture’s Privacy Officer whose contact details are set out at the end of this policy.
Third party content
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. Acorn Furniture are not responsible for the content of any third party website or other related sites (including, but not limited to third party social media sites), or the way those sites collect, store, use, and distribute any Personal Information you provide. When visiting a third-party site from hyperlinks displayed on this website, Acorn Furniture encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of the site/s in question, to ascertain how your Personal Information with be collected, stored, used and distributed. Acorn Furniture accept no liability for any engagement with or dealings between yourself and any third party or advertiser.
Unsolicited electronic messages - approval
To the extent you provide Acorn Furniture with an email address, you agree that Acorn Furniture may send you commercial electronic messages. You can request to be removed from Acorn Furniture’s mailing list at any time and Acorn Furniture will comply with your request for removal. To request to be removed from a mailing list, click ‘Unsubscribe’ in the footer of an electronic message. If you do not see this, you can contact Acorn Furniture’s Privacy Officer to action this via email, phone, or by physical mail. See the ‘Contact Us’ section for these contact details.
Digital and Behavioral advertising - approval
Through your engagement with Acorn Furniture and use of the website you agree that Acorn Furniture may directly market its services and products to you using targeted advertising and marketing communications on digital platforms including but not limited to Google Facebook, Instagram and Linked In.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by changing your preferences on the below websites:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Changes to this policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact Acorn Furniture by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 0800 601 701 or by mail using the details provided below:
Attention: Privacy Officer
33 College Street