Solid Timber Care
Solid Timber Care
Every piece of Acorn furniture is handcrafted in our Motueka factory. All of our materials sourced with longevity in mind and with careful care and maintenance your timber furniture will last well into the future. View more details below.
- Avoid long exposure to direct sunlight as this may affect the quality lacquer finish.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Keep furniture away from heaters, air conditioning and fireplaces. Intensive heat can cause the timber to distort.
- For normal cleaning, wipe surfaces with a 'damp' cloth (not wet).
- Protect polished surfaces from crockery, heat and moisture and other objects by using placemats or similar.
- Lift tables to reposition, do not drag them as this can weaken the joints between the leg and supporting rails.
- Avoid writing on the polished surfaces as indentations may become evident.
- Do not leave liquids on surface as this will cause the lacquer to discolor, lift and fail over time.
All of the fabrics we use and recommend are designed to be easily cleaned; however they are not self-cleaning and require regular maintenance to extend the life of the fit out. View more details below.
To clean and maintain:
- Vacuum fabric regularly
- Rotate cushions where possible to distribute wear
- Attend to spills immediately
Melamine is a durable choice for functional furniture. Melamine is easy to keep clean on an everyday basis and generally responds well to stain removal. View more details below.
- Wash down with warm water with a small amount of detergent. For best results use streak free glass cleaner with a soft cloth.
- For textured finishes (stipple, wood grain etc) the periodic use of a soft brush may be necessary for the removal of dirt build-ups and residues left by some spray on cleaners
Care tip guides for general care, upholstery maintenance, solid timber. If you need assistance, get in touch with our support team.Contact Us