Specialised Furniture You Can Customise
1. Are you searching for that furniture that helps reduce the risk of pressure sores?
2. Is your furniture difficult to move around?
3. Do you struggle to find furniture of the right size that meets the needs of your residents?
With Acorn Furniture we can custom make furniture so you receive highly functional, durable, safe furniture that is extremely comfortable and homely. Below are just a couple of customisation options you have with Acorn. As we design and manufacture our furniture here in New Zealand, if you have an alternative request we can discuss that with you too.
Optional Castors on Chair Legs
Our chairs come with the option of discreetly recessed German engineered castors into the two front chair legs. This brings a number of benefits.
- Easy maneuverability - even on carpeted surfaces
- Assists carers in helping residents in and out from the dinner table, whilst seated. Easing physical stress for your staff.
- Discreet, unlike standard castors which give an institutionalized look.
Customisable Chair Cushioning with Pressure Relieving Foam
Our chairs contain memory foam in the seat and back cushions, which is multi-layered with dual density foam. This feature brings a number of benefits.
- Relieves pressure for residents when sitting and helps reduce pressure sores.
- More comfortable than standard foam.
Alternative Furniture Dimensions Available
Everyone is unique with different body shapes, sizes, heights and weights. Residents also have varying requirements when it comes to the support they need to get in and out of a chair or bed. At Acorn, we custom make furniture (as required) to meet residents' specific requirements.
Your residents receive fit for purpose furniture that is: